Ovisacom is committed to providing a workplace that is free from sexual harassment. Sexual harassment in the workplace is against the law and will not be tolerated.
When Ovisacom determines that an allegation of sexual harassment is credible, it will take prompt and appropriate corrective action.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission defines “sexual harassment” as unwelcome sexual advances, request for sexual favors, and other verbal and physical conduct of a sexual nature when:
- submission to such conduct is made either explicitly or implicitly a term or condition of an individual’s employment;
- submission to or rejection of such conduct by an individual is used as the basis for employment decisions affecting such individual; or
- such conduct has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with an individual’s work performance by creating an intimidating hostile or sexually offensive work environment.
(a). Sexual harassment may take many forms – subtle and indirect, or blatant and overt.
- It may be conduct toward an individual of the opposite sex or the same sex.
- It may occur between peers or between individuals in a hierarchical relationship
- It may be aimed at coercing an individual to participate in an unwanted sexual relationship or it may have the effect of causing an individual to change behavior or work performance.
- It may consist of repeated actions or may even arise from a single incident if sufficiently egregious.
All employees are subject to the Ovisacom’s Zero Tolerance Policy of Discrimination and Harassment. Individuals who violate this policy may be subject to discipline ranging from a written warning up to and including discharge or other appropriate sanction.
Reports of sexual harassment to appropriate management officials are taken seriously and will be dealt with promptly. The specific action taken in any particular case depends on the nature and gravity of the conduct reported, and may include intervention, mediation, investigation, and the initiation of disciplinary processes as discussed above. Where sexual harassment is found to have occurred, Ovisacom will act to stop the harassment, act to prevent its recurrence, and discipline, where appropriate, those responsible.
|Persons/ Areas Affected||All Staff & Contractors|
|Approval Authority||Chief Executive Officer|
|Last Review Date||November 2021|