Data Entry Operators
This job entails entering information and data into either online databases, spreadsheets or word documents. You will be responsible to check information for accurateness and completeness when you enter it into the various systems.
Our ideal candidate has essential data entry skills, like fast typing with an eye for detail and familiarity with spreadsheets and online forms.
There are multiple vacant positions available.
The type of work you may be doing includes: searching the internet for contacts, appending data to existing records, transcribing hand-written notes, entering orders online, uploading photos or images online, uploading product descriptions online, entering inventory data, collectinf statistics, searching online directories and transcribing them into spreadsheets and other related tasks.
Actual responsibilities may vary depending on the assignment with your final client.
- Transcribing and entering data into spreadsheets and/or online systems from scanned documents and/or voice messages
- Inputting text based and numerical information from source documents
- Researching to obtain further information for incomplete documents (e.g. looking up addresses, company phone numbers, names etc)
- Maintaining the integrity of the files within process units and file storage
- Provide support to other positions/operations in cases during heavy workloads or absences
- Keeping information confidential
- Responding to queries for information and access relevant files
- Complying with data integrity and security policies
- Communicating efficiently with your assigned lead
- Sticking to deadlines
- Grade 10 passer or equivalent
- 18 years of age or older
- Able to type 40 words per minute
- Can use Google, Facebook, Linkedin and other online tools to search for missing information
- Communicate effectively in a warm and empathetic manner
- Adhere to confidentiality requirements and laws to ensure information is disseminated only to authorized individuals
- Are self-motivated and have strong will to grow within the company
- Demonstrate a professional work ethic
- Capable of working in a multi-task environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Word processing experience is preferred
- Data entry experience is preferred
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office is preferred
Work from Home Requirements
- Must have a secured separate workspace free of distractions and extraneous noise
- Computer with Windows 7 or higher operating system or MAC with 20 GB of hard disk space available
- Standard keyboard
- Webcam and microphone
- Reliable high-speed internet (minimum 10mbps) broadband wired internet. (No cellular connections).
Training for the Role
- Training will be provided virtually.
- Training will start day one of employment and will usually run for up to one week; typically between 8am – 5pm EST.
- Attendance during training is vital for success so no time off is allowed during training and the first 50 days following employment.